National Family Caregivers Association / adapted by the Well Spouse Association
Top 10 Ways to Celebrate National Family Caregivers Month (each November)
- Donate to the WSA Friends and Family Campaign in honor of a spousal caregiving relative or friend.
- Offer a few hours of respite time to a family caregiver so they spend time with friends, or simply relax.
- Send a card of appreciation or a bouquet of flowers to brighten up a family caregiver's day.
- Encourage local businesses to offer a free service for family caregivers through the month of November.
- Help a family caregiver decorate their home for the holidays or offer to address envelopes for their holiday cards.
- Offer comic relief! Purchase tickets to a local comedy club, give a family caregiver your favorite funny movie to view, or provide them with a book on tape.
- Find 12 different family photos and have a copy center create a monthly calendar that the family caregiver can use to keep track of appointments and events.
- Offer to prepare Thanksgiving dinner for a caregiving family in your community, so they can just relax and enjoy the holiday.
- A United States postage stamp honoring the more than 50 million family caregivers in America is officially under consideration by the U.S. Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee for introduction as early as 20ll. Sign the petition here and pass it along.
- Help family caregivers find information and resources on the internet or to locate a local support group.