Join - Individual Members
Welcome to our community of spousal caregivers. We are the Well Spouse® Association: a lifeline and safe place for spousal caregivers: husbands, wives, or partners -- current or former -- of persons with chronic illness and/or disability. In order to ensure confidentiality, only spousal caregivers are allowed to join as individual members.
We also offer professional and corporate memberships.
*WSA Supporting Membership (in $US)
|Join or Renew online (Supporting Member)||Print out and mail in (Supporting Member)|
- Mainstay Newsletter (6 times a year) – delivered electronically, or hard copy by special arrangement (US only)
- View a complimentary copy of Mainstay here
- Access to the Members-Only area on our website including:
- Member stories
- Mainstay: For the well spouse of the chronically ill (excerpted book chapters) by Maggie Strong
- Local group meetings
- Access to the WSA Online Forum – a place to share the challenges and choices of spousal caregiving with other well spouses
- Membership in a WSA local area support group, or guidance and materials to start a new group in your area
- Participation in telephone support groups
- Mentorship programs - One on one connection with an "experienced" spousal caregiver.
- Telephone Support Groups
- Access to the "Connecting Caregiver" program (an opt-in program). Participants are sent monthly links to a map of all WSA members who have opted into the program, in the hope that members can make connections with others in their area. Only names and email addresses are shown.
- WSA Conference and regional respite weekends.
You MUST be a Supporting Member to participate in any of the Well Spouse Association functionslisted above (except as noted below).
Special Supporting Memberships are available as follows and include all of the benefits of Supporting Membership:
- Military Spousal Caregivers* can receive their first year of supporting membership free*
- Spousal caregivers with financial hardship can contact the office for special arrangements
Non-Supporting (Digital Only) Membership is available at a charge of only $10.00 per year. In addition to what is already available to the public, this Membership allows full access to the WSA website, access to the WSA Online Forum, and access to the archived editions of the WSA newsletter, “Mainstay.”
Note: if you prefer not to receive mail or phone calls at home, please call the WSA Office to register and make arrangements on how you would like to be contacted.
Professional and Corporate Membership:
Professional Membership: available to individual professional caregivers and non-profit organizations for $50 annually.
Corporate Membership: available to for-profit organizations for $100 per year.
Benefits for both:
- Listing in our "Resources" section in the category most relevant to the organization’s business.
- Inclusion of printed materials in member packets
- WSA brochures and printed materials to distribute to your clients
- Discounted advertising where discounts are available.
- MOST IMPORTANT: The satisfaction of supporting spousal caregivers!
|*Join or Renew online (Professional-Corporate)||