What's it all about: FAQ: Who is a Spousal Caregiver? / Well Spouse? / What is the WSA?
How to Join or Renew:
Welcome to our community of spousal caregivers facing challenges and choices. We are the Well Spouse® Association: a lifeline and safe place for spousal caregivers: husbands, wives, or partners -- current or former -- of persons with chronic illness and/or disability .
There are two ways to Join or Renew as an individual spousal caregiver: (see below for info. on professional/corporate memberships)
1. Individual Supporting Member - Yearly dues - $30 in the U.S. For those with financial hardship, a contribution of less than $30, but more than $5 is accepted. International membership is $35 (2 years: $55 U.S., $60 International)
Join or Renew Online | Join or Renew By Mail Scroll down for more details on the benefits of membership.
2. Individual Non-Supporting Member - $5.00 per year. Includes access to the Wellspouse Association website and Forum. Attendance at meetings, respites, conventions and access to telephone support groups requires a full Supporting membership.
Note: When registering, please provide information relating at least to the boxes on the form marked with an asterisk (star) , meaning they are required.
Confidentiality: We ask for your full name and address and keep it confidential -- other members do not see those details, and we only use them for WSA administrative purposes and to send 501(c)(3) tax receipts.
If you are not a husband, wife or partner (current or former) of someone with chronic illness and/or disability, please click here and read on.
Special Free Memberships to
Military Spousal Caregivers, courtesy of the Well Spouse® Association
There are several ways to join (or renew):
1. Individual Supporting Member- Yearly dues - $30 in the U.S. For those with financial hardship, a contribution of less than $30, but more than $5 is accepted. International membership is $35 (2 years: $55 U.S., $60 International)
Join or Renew Online | Join or Renew By Mail or @Register by phone
- Receiving Mainstay Newsletter by mail (U.S. and Canada; email internationally) (published quarterly),
- Receiving the Member Minute e-newsletter by email every two weeks,
- Access to the Members Only area on our website,
- Access to the WSA online forum to communicate with over 2,000 other well spouses,
- The ability to join one of the national network of WSA support groups or guidance and materials to start a new group in your area,
- To be mentored by another WSA member or to mentor someone else,
- To be part of a round robin group offering support through letter writing groups,
- To be able to attend one of WSA's regional respite weekends and/or our National Conference for not only a much needed get-away, but interactive workshops, activities, entertainment and friendship.
@Some WSA Supporting Members prefer not to receive mail or phone calls at home. If that is the case for you, please call the WSA Office at 1-800-838-0879 to register and make arrangements on how you would like to be contacted.
2. Individual Non-Supporting Member - $5.00 per year.
- Access to the WSA Online Forum
- Access to the members areas of the Web pages
Be advised that if you join as a Non-Supporting Member, this lifeline to spousal caregivers is free of charge for one year, thanks to the Well Spouse® Association. **At the end of one year free membership you will be asked to become a Supporting Member, to maintain your forum access and get other benefits. By paying for an annual membership you will help us help you and others -- the 6-8 million spousal caregivers in our country alone, and many more around the world.
*Membership in the WSA is not open to ill partners, friends or family of spousal caregivers. There are many organizations available to offer specific help to those with chronic illness and/or disability. There is only one group -- the WSA -- available to support spousal caregivers of husbands, wives or partners with any chronic illness and/or long-term disability -- and whose needs are often greater, because of a different, more intense relationship with their spouse, than other family caregivers have with the person they are caring for.
We do however, urge concerned ill partners, friends or family members to approach the spousal caregiver they know, and tell them about the WSA. It is also possible to give a gift Supporting Membership, or to Donate Online or By Mail to the Well Spouse® Association.
- Professional Membership - for professionals, clergy and non-profit organizations - yearly dues - $50.
- Corporate Membership - for-profit corporations - yearly dues - $100
Register By Mail (enclose your letterhead stationery)
Professional or Corporate memberships include:
- Listings under our "Find a Professional or Corporate Partner" section as well as a second listing in our "Resources" section in the category most relevant to the professional or corporate partner's business.
- Inclusion of printed materials in member packets
- WSA brochures and printed materials to distribute to your clients
- Discounts on additional advertising (5% Professionals - 10% Corporate Partners)
- The satisfaction of supporting spousal caregivers
Follow us on