The Well Spouse® Association, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) membership organization, advocates for and addresses the needs of individuals caring for a chronically ill and/or disabled spouse or partner. We offer peer-to-peer support and educate health care professionals and the general public about the special challenges and unique issues "well" spouses face every day.
To achieve this mission the Well Spouse® Association:
- coordinates a national network of WSA Support Groups
- facilitates a Mentor program
- publishes the Mainstay newsletter 6 times per year.
- hosts a website (www.wellspouse.org) with resources for coping and survival skills, which includes an online chat forum for spousal caregivers
- organizes regional respite weekends
- organizes a national conference for caregivers
- produces symposia and webinars for caregivers
- maintains a social media presence for members and for outreach to the public
- provides continuing support for members whose spouses have died
- advocates on behalf of spousal caregivers
- seeks out new initiatives to help caregiver spouses and their families cope with the emotional and financial stresses associated with chronic illness and/or disability