The Well Spouse® Association, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) membership organization, advocates for and addresses the needs of individuals caring for a chronically ill and/or disabled spouse or partner. We offer peer support and educate health care professionals and the general public about the special challenges and unique issues "well" spouses face every day.
To achieve this mission the Well Spouse® Association:
- coordinates a national network of WSA Support Groups
- facilitates a Mentor program
- publishes the Mainstay newsletter 6 times per year.
- hosts a website (www.wellspouse.org) with resources for coping and survival skills, which includes an online chat forum for spousal caregivers
- organizes regional respite weekends
- organizes a national conference for caregivers
- produces symposia and webinars for caregivers
- maintains a social media presence for members and for outreach to the public
- provides continuing support for members whose spouses have died
- advocates on behalf of spousal caregivers
- seeks out new initiatives to help caregiver spouses and their families cope with the emotional and financial stresses associated with chronic illness and/or disability